Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Best foundation for Oily Skin

Again, I am talking about oily skin. Since I am, too, an super oily girl whose skin starts, sort of, shiny after 20 minutes after applying the powder, I feel like I need something for the days I want to look my best without getting too much oil on my face. A long-lasting foundation is the answer.

There are plenty of foundations in the market that promise to keep shine and oils at bay, but only a few really deliver.



Vichy Norma Teint Anti-Imperfection Foundation SPF20



This is the best long-lasting liquid foundation I have ever used!

Vichy Norma Teint gives me a perfect and flawless skin with an absolutely matte finish.

Here is what the product claims to delivers and it really does :

Shine, blackheads and open pores: trying to hide these flaws with a foundation can make them stand out even more. To regain a visibly clear, matt, pure complexion that lasts all day, you need a foundation able to hide imperfections without creating plastery build-ups upon contact with excess sebum.

Sebum-proof texture enriched with a purifying active ingredient.



My rating : 5/5

Comment : good for acne-prone skin, anti-shine, anti-blackheads, anti-caking,
non-cloggy,
oil-free, long-wearing, matte finish





Laura Mercier : Oil-Free Foundation - $42 USD


Laura Mercier really grabs my interest. This oil-free liquid foundation is one of talk-of-the-town items girls should have. I bought this a while ago and loved it and used it up. And I am on the second bottle ;-)

This foundation is richly pigmented, so a little goes a long way. I love the texture which is really buidable making it easy to control the amount of usage. I think the reason why this foundation is very popular is that it has a complete range of yellowish shades that matches Asian skin tones.

Moreover, it extremely lasts all day. This cutie keeps my face fresh and oil-free more than 10 hours!



My rating : 4.5/5

Comment : oil-free, sheer, not cakey, long-wearing, natural matte finish





MAC : Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15 - $26 USD


Like other MAC's products, this liquid foundation is of high quality and delivers what it promises to. If you have used MAC's all-time classic Studio Fix foundation, you can trust this as it is in the same line in the liquid version. It gives me medium coverage (which can be cakey and unnatural if you apply too much). It does it's job in keeping oils at bays keeping my face matte for more than 7 hours which I am satisfied. (other foundations last only a few hours on me ... my face is super oily!)


My rating : 4.5/5

Comment : medium to maximum coverage, matte finish, oil-free, long-wearing
I say : If you don't have sensitive skin, you can't go wrong with this :-)





Clinique : Almost Makeup SPF 15 - $20.50 USD



This is a sheer liquid foundation
which is perfectly oil-free and waterproof. It has a sunscreen effect with SPF15. I bought this just to challenge what Clinique's product can do for me and I was not disappointed!

It provides me a f
resh look with natural matte finish with, as they claim on the official Clinique's website, a "no-makeup" look. My skin looks so much smoother and more even. I wear a Light shade which perfectly matches my MAC MC20 skin, for reference.


My rating : 4/5

Comment : very sheer and light, natural matte finish





No comments:

Post a Comment