Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Review : Everyday Minerals - Foundation

Something About Me :

Age : 23
Skin Type : super-oily, prone to acne, sensitive to pollutants and sun light
Skin Tone : Fair
ly Light (with yellow undertone)
Hair color : D
ark Brown
Eye Color :
Dark Brown


A few years ago, as a WWW addict, I always stayed up late surfing and googling staff. Then I came across something about Mineral Makeup someone mentioned on the message board I regularly joined. She claimed that her face had been cleared up since she started using mineral makeup. And since it's made from naturally occurring minerals like iron oxides, mica powder and titanium dioxide, she said that mineral makeup could cover her discolorations, imperfections, and blemishes very well, without irritating her skin. It was the first time time I became interested in mineral makeup. So I did some research on mineral makeup on the internet. And, yes, I decided to give it a try.


The first mineral makeup brand I tried was Everyday Minerals.




... and I have been wearing EDM's foundation for 3 years until now :)



The Shades :

What I like about EDM (an abbreviated name of Everyday Minerals) is that they offer a great selection of colors, which are categorized into warm, golden, cool, beige, buff, and olive undertones.

I wear MAC NC20. The 'Golden Fair' and 'Fawn/Olive Fair' mixed are my perfect match. I also wear Fawn alone. (but not the olive fair as it's a bit too ghostly light for me!)






The Formulas :

Everyday Minerals currently offers four(4) formulas according to what kind of coverage you prefer and whether your skin is dry, normal or oily :

/ Original Glo - healthy dewy glow

/ Semi-Matte - a soft luminous touch

/ Matte - radiant without shine

/ Intensive - extra coverage

I prefer the Matte one for my super-oily skin. It provides the matte finish which I like, with great staying power, especially, when used with Everyday Minerals' Finishing Dust. It controls oil pretty well.

I used to have a full jar of an Intensive formula; on me, it looked great once freshly applied, but after an hour or so, my face looked extremely cakey. Moreover, my face turned somewhat reddish due to oxidation.


I say :

The foundation went on easily and blended well into my skin. The coverage is really buildable. It is also pretty much easier to apply than I thought it would be, although it does take a bit more effort than liquid foundation. It gives me the flawless skin without looking masked.

I love EDM. It's the perfect "everyday makeup." :)



My Rating :

  • Overall Rating : 4.6/5
  • Quality : 5/5
  • Look : 4/5
  • Coverage : 4.5/5
  • Oil Control : 4/5
  • Packaging : 5/5
  • Price : 5/5
  • Will Repurchase? : Yes

If you've been thinking about trying mineral makeup (or, known as mineral cosmetics), but are still skeptical about which brand to try, give Everyday Minerals a shot!

No comments:

Post a Comment